After entering winter, the temperature will decrease, the energy storage of electric vehicles will decrease, and the power consumption is often reduced or difficult to charge. The corresponding mileage speed of electric vehicles will also decrease. Therefore, the correct use and maintenance of batteries in winter is particularly important. So how do charge and maintain in winter to reduce the speed and the mileage?
1. It is recommended to charge when the remaining power is about 30%. Remember to charge it when you use it.
2. When charging, plug the battery plug into the power outlet first, and unplug the power plug to unplug the battery outlet at the end of charging.
Buy Now: Semco Infratech – SI Battery Charge & Discharge Cabinet Tester – SI BCDS 100V 20A 4CH.
3. Battery storage in winter. If the electric vehicle is parked in the open air or cold storage for several weeks, the battery should be removed to prevent the battery from freezing and damage. If you don’t use it for a long time, charge it once a month.
4. It is also important to clean the battery terminal and apply grease to protect it, which can ensure the actual and reliable start-up of the electric vehicle and extend the battery life.
5. Use a special charger when charging. Don’t mix it
Buy Now: Semco Infratech – SI Battery Management System Tester – SI BMST 1-32S 60/120A with cabinet.
6. Most chargers continue to float for 1-2 hours as much as possible after the indicator light is fully charged, which is also good for inhibiting battery vulcanization
7. The battery of the electric vehicle cannot be overcharged, and “overcharge” will cause damage to the electric vehicle.
In addition to developing electric vehicles, close attention needs to be given to the infrastructure needed to supply power for electric vehicles.
Flexible-Failure and Rigid Failure,
Principles of Power Battery Cooling System,
How Many Degrees Of Electricity Does An Electric Car Need To Be Filled At A Time,
Battery Repair System Product Description And Overview,
Analysis of Common Terms for Lithium Batteries,
Charging & Maintenance Methods for Nickel-Hydrogen Batteries,
Common Failure Modes & Causes of Electric Vehicle Batteries,
Can Lithium Batteries in Electric Vehicles be Charged Quickly,
Best Time to Charge Electric Vehicle Battery,
Causes of Battery Failure in Electric Vehicles,
Pre-Lithiation Strategies for Lithium Battery,